Ciara has over 10 years experience and this is her favourite work.
Pauline assists Ciara in all aspects of these session excluding a camera! There will always be two of us at your Newborn Session. Your little one's safety is our priority.
Eda J Le Shan
A Heyday Baby is 1 - 2 weeks old (ideally)
Cute as a button.
Baby's Mum and Dad love them to bits.
They also know that no matter how tired they might be, they know this is a precious time that will fly by and they want to be reminded of their beautiful newborn baby forever.
Ideally, while Mum was pregnant, they booked a session with us as they know they are then guaranteed an appointment.
- Session ideally takes place in first 2 weeks
- Up to 2 hr studio session including usage of outfits and props
- The artistic editing of min 20images for you to view & order your prints from.(No prints are included in session fee)
- Dedicated Ordering Appointment 2 weeks after photo session.
The non refundable Session Fee can be paid at time of booking or up to 2 weeks before your due date.
Please click on the button below to view the full price list for our extensive range of Print Products.
All Newborn Sessions take place Monday to Friday in our spacious and comfortable studio in Portlaoise.
*Payment Plans are available and can be discussed with us at your ordering appointment*
When Should I book my Newborn Session?
Where do the sessions take place?
What to Expect beforehand
What Happens During the session?
What Happens Afterwards?
How long does it take to receive my images?
- It is best to book whilst you are still pregnant as newborn sessions are best done in the first 2 weeks of life.
- Babies are so squishy, sleepy and generally easier at this age to pose.
- Sometimes life is busy and an appointment is made just after baby arrives.......
(but being a busy studio we cannot always guarantee a session slot)
- When your bundle of joy arrives let us know within 48 hours and we can schedule the exact date with you.
- All Newborn Sessions take place Monday - Friday morning in Heyday Studios, Portlaoise.
- We like to develop a relationship with all our clients before their session so we will be in touch via email/text/phone, whatever suits you.
- It is all part of our service to ensure your Newborn Session is designed to your wishes.
- To confirm your booking, we will send you a link to our online Booking System which consists of a contract and questionnaire which helps us plan your session.
- You will receive a reminder email from us a few days before your Session, please read this carefully as it will include directions to the studio and plenty of information and tips to help ensure the session runs smoothly.
- On the day of the session you will arrive at the studio in Portlaoise.
- We follow your baby’s lead during the session and stop if baby needs soothing, changing or feeding.
- If you would like any photos with siblings we will do them first as older children can get bored if waiting around.
- Then we can spend the remainder of the session concentrating on your beautiful newborn.
- Before you leave the studio, we will schedule your Ordering Appointment for approximately 2 weeks after your newborn session.
- During these two weeks Ciara will select your images to edit.
- She will hand edit each image including colour correction, skin tone correction, blemish removal, to ensure you have the highest quality final images.
- You will view your edited images on screen in the studio and we will guide you through your
selection process of choosing prints and wall art pieces to purchase.
We know you will be looking forward to collecting your chosen Wall Art Products ( Prints, Frames, Canvas etc) and we aim to have them ready as quickly as possible for you.
- In General Prints, Canvas & Folio Boxes are ready to collect within two weeks of order being placed by Heyday Studios.
- Our bespoke products (Frames, Acrylic Orbs etc) do take longer as they are custom designed and made just for you, these can take up to four weeks of the order being placed by Heyday Studios... but they are worth the wait!
Do your want your baby to be a Heyday Baby? We would be privileged.
To get more information and / or to make a booking, just fill out the contact form
and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Ciara & Pauline